Camp Jack Hazard
Ages: 6 and up
Cost: prices vary, depending on camp selection
The Sierra Nevada adventure summer camp known as Camp Jack Hazard has been a Central Valley parent's favorite for years. The camper to staff ration is 5 to 1, and the camp is accredited by the American Camp Association.
Programs include: Ropes course, backpacking, rock climbing, swimming, hiking, rappelling, teambuilding exercises, arts & crafts, traditional campfires, and more.
Camp sessions are available for kids aged 6 - 17.
2013 schedule is as follows:
- CJH Resident camp (one week, ages 9 - 16) $495
- Session 1: June 29 - July6
- Session 2: July 6 - July 13
- Leaders-In-Training (two weeks, ages 15 - 17) $550
- Session 1: June 22 - July 6
- Session 2: June 29 - July 13
- Rookies (four days, ages 6- 10) $295
- Session 1: June 26 - June 29
Register prior to March 30 for a 10% discount on fees! A deposit of $100 is required for registration. Financial assistance is available, as are discounts.
Reviewed on 04/14/2013
We LOVE Camp Jack Hazard! All of my kids (4 of them) have gone, and come back every year planning for the next summer!
Every kid will benefit from the experiences of trail hiking, and "real" camping (as we call it) and exploring and learning about the Sierra Nevada, as well as the nurturing environment provided by the camp counselors.