Cultural Creations @The Chartreuse Muse
Ages: 9 and up
Parking: Yes - street
Features: Restrooms, Discounts, Family Friendly, Shop, Family Style Classes
The Chartreuse Muse is a gallery and art school offering a broad range of art curriculum. Art instruction is available for preschoolers to adult. Material costs are generally covered by tuition fees.
Classes are as follows:
- Mommy & Me class is a monthly class which offers little ones a first taste of art. (PreK-K)
- Art Adventures is a weekly class designed to introduce children to the basic elements of art. (K-8th grade)
- Family Art Adventures is a is a weekly class offered to families so that the basics of art theory may be explored together. (K-6th grade)
- The Fundamentals of Drawing (K-12th grade) class exposes young artists to basic drawing theories, and techniques.
- meets four times a month.
- Studio Art is an in-depth series focusing on advanced elements of art, is for 5th-12th graders, and meets four times a month.
- Creative Clay is a fun, tactile class that meets twice a month. Students make decorative, food-safe projects for the home or table.
- Family Creative Clay is designed for families to work together creating fun clay items.
- Semi-private and private instruction is also available.
- Fundamentals of Painting III explores different theories and techniques of painting, using watercolors, tempura and acrylics.
- Cultural Creations allows students to learn about art from different cultures.
Chartreuse Muse will also work to organize a child's birthday party or an art enrichment class for scout troops or other children's groups, and a "Mobile Muse" will bring the art to a school or homeschoolers. Call for more information on these services.
The air-conditioned art classroom is a wonderful escape from the sweltering Central Valley summer heat! Chartreuse Muse offers Summer Art Camp, where students can keep the imaginative spark alive and socialize while learning something new. The classes are offered as weekly camps, with a morning or afternoon option. Prices vary based on age, and discounts are offered for three or more kids, or three or more camps. See the Summer Art Camp page of the website for more details. Each camp gives the student an opportunity to work with many medias: drawing, painting and ceramics. All materials are included in the price of the camp, but parents are responsible to pack a snack.