Monterey Bay Aquarium
Ages: 0 and up
Cost: adult $29.95 | child (3-12) $19.95 | under 3 free
Parking: Yes - metered street parking, pay lots in the area
Features: Picnic Area, Outside Food Allowed, Shop, Restaurant, Wi-Fi, Snack Stand, Restrooms, Lockers, Handicap Accessible, Family Friendly, Changing Table
The Monterey Bay Aquarium is home to over 550 species of sea life and has been a pioneer in rescuing and rehabilitating such life for over 25 years.
The daily activities — Kelp Forest feeding, penguin feeding, sea otter feeding, the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute's presentations — are anything but regular. Because live animals are involved, visitors are never viewing the same event twice.
Children will enjoy the interactive learning exhibits scattered throughout the aquarium, including a 40-foot long Touch Pool, a walk-through canopy of sea kelp, interactive games and quizzes, and even a dress up area.
Crazy fun adventures await. Special arrangements must be made, but they are well worth the effort expended.
Know before you go:
- A penguin chick was born in January 2011!
- Detailed parking information can be found here.
- Open every day except Dec. 25
- Regular hours: 10 am-6 pm
- Winter: 10 am-5 pm
- Summer/holidays: 9:30 am-6 pm
- Summer weekends: 9:30 am-8 pm
- Reservations required for full-service restaurant dining. Casual dining available without prior reservations.
- The least congested time at the aquarium is from 2pm-6pm, and during peak summer months, try to visit midweek.
Reviewed on 03/23/2011
The Monterey Bay Aquarium is awesome! We can't wait to go again!