Twilight Thursdays @ Sacramento Zoo
Ages: 2 and up
Cost: adult $11 | child (2-11) $7 | under 2 free | prices lower on weekdays
Parking: Yes - free throughout Land Park
Features: Petting Zoo, Picnic Area, Outside Food Allowed, Stroller Rental, Shop, Restaurant, Snack Stand, Restrooms, Handicap Accessible, Family Friendly, Changing Table
Twilight Thursdays at Sacramento Zoo are wildly inspiring! Besides all of the usual suspects — giraffes, felines, birds, mammals — the zoo hosts a car show and live music from 5:30pm - 8pm on Thursday nights from June 16 to July 28.
The event is included in the general admission price. Dinner and drink specials will be available for purchase at the Kampala Café, located near Victoria Lake.
Twilight Thursdays are themed events:
- June 16: "I Love the 80's" with music by Superlicious, Volkswagen car show and Southern fried chicken & waffles dinner special.
- June 23: "Swing, Swing, Swing" with music by Steve Lucky & The Rhumba Bums, antique car and trailer show and deli sandwich dinner special.
- June 30: "Red, White & Blues" with music by Mick Martin and the Blues Rockers, American muscle car show and BBQ chicken sandwich dinner special.
- July 7: "Across the Pond" with music by Because, a Beatles tribute band, British car show and pub-style fish and chips dinner special.
- July 14: "Old Skool Groove" with music by East Wind, Low Riders car show and pulled pork sliders dinner special.
- July 21: "Rockabilly Night" with music by The Nickel Slots, Kustoms and Rat Rods car show and spicy buffalo wings dinner special.
- July 28: "So 70's" with music by Q Balls, Hot Rods car show and Guacamole Pepper Jack Burger dinner special.
You may register to participate in the car show during Twilight Thursdays. For more information, call (916) 808-5888. Registration ($10) includes admission for four.
Reviewed on 07/05/2011
Twilight Thursdays might actually be the best way to see the Sacramento Zoo during the hot summer season! While the evenings are warm, the sun is setting and the zoo residents and zoo visitors are finally escaping the searing the sun.
The cars are front and center and fun to look at; the music is jammin' and can be heard as soon as you walk in the entrance. Depending on the age of your child, you may not get too much time...more