National Parks Fee-Free Day
Ages: 2 and up
Features: Restrooms, Port-a-potty, Picnic Area
The US National Parks in Northern California — including Lassen Volcanic National Park, and Yosemite National Park — are participating in fee-free days, so the fees normally charged for admission are waived.
Here are the fee-free dates for 2013:
- January 21st (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
- April 22-26 (National Park Week)
- August 25 (National Park Service Birthday)
- September 28 (National Public Lands Day)
- November 9-11 (Veterans Day weekend)
Fee waiver includes: entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise.