Parent Resource Center
Ages: 0 and up
The Parent Resource Center in Modesto offers hope and support to young mothers, new families, and any parent feeling the heavy weight that parenting can sometimes bring. This private, non-profit group features programs that are designed to develop parenting skills and reduce the chance of child abuse.
In-home mentoring is offered and classes are held at the center. Child care is provided for the duration of the classes on-site. Limited transportation is available. Some of the classes are:
- labor and delivery support
- young mothers' parenting program
- parenting program (positive discipline, bettering family relationships)
- family literacy and GED preparation
Families taking advantage of the Parent Resource Center may also benefit from these further supportive services:
- Healthy Family MediCal for Children and Kaiser Permanente Child Health Plan application assistance
- differential response
- mental health services
Reviewed on 08/09/2011
First of all if you ever get a call back from them, you have to meet an income guideline to qualify for their services. You have to set up an apt to find out if you qualify, but trying to make an apt was difficult. I did'nt hear back from someone for wks.